- I am a naturally muscular person so I tend to stay away from some of the aggressive strength classes at the gym and look for options that tone and lengthen. I was turned on to barre classes back when I lived in NYC, but didn't really truly appreciate them and see how wonderful they can be until I discovered Exhale Spa and Pure Barre. These classes completely transformed my frame and I seemed to just shrink and tone in places I never thought possible. I tired to go to barre classes three times a week in the two months leading up to the wedding.
- I'm not a runner. This seems strange coming from someone who used to be a pretty darn obsessed trackster back in the day, but I think I just ran myself sick of running. However, because of this I often miss out on some essential cardio. For someone who hates running and cardio... in order for me to pick-up the pace and push myself I need something just shy of a drill Sargent screaming in my ear... enter Barry's Bootcamp. They will kick your butt.
- Diet is a strong word. I don't think I've ever been on a diet nor do I think I ever will be. I just can't do it and I've accepted that, however I'm forever in awe of those who can really stick to something like that (please tell me your secret)
- Starting about a month before the wedding I simply tried to make "the best choice" at every meal. I tried to eat a lot of veggies, and cut back on sweets and processed foods. I generally just tried to eat healthier (i.e., banana instead of skittles). Simple as that!
- Now the kicker... by far the most effective thing I did was that I stopped drinking alcoholic beverages for about 3 months before the big day. Yep. Cold Turkey. Aside from helping me wiggle into my dress, I felt great and was really productive. If you've lived the bulk of your 20's like I have...waking up on Sunday bushy tailed and refreshed is an eye-opening experience