I don't know about you, but lately I've been feeling even more appreciative of Moms and I'm convinced Mother's day should be everyone's favorite day of the year. No seriously... Moms are totally the best. Besides the fact that they are so clean and always smell so nice, they keep this show called life running like clock-work and that is some tough beeswax.
This year was awesome because I got to spend so much time with my Mom while wedding planning. Because we live on opposite sides of the country, visits are usually only on holidays, but what a treat this year was!
My Top 5 Mom Moments of the Year:
1) How she worked tirelessly to make sure our wedding day was completely perfect... tirelessly people!!! All while still rocking her full-time real job
2) How she continues to work and build her career while most people her age are calling it quits
3) How totally and completely thrilled she was when I installed emoticons on her iphone. We don't even text words anymore...we have entire conversations just using emoticons now.
4) How she waited until I was nearly 30 and married before she stopped paying my cellphone bill. It's the little things that are hardest to let go of.
5) How she now "hashtags" everything by writing out the word "hashtag".
Don't forget that Mother's Day is just around the corner on Sunday, May 11th!
Some Fun Gift Ideas for Mom:
Make it personal with a Stella Salvador Initial Necklace // Stella Salvador// Custom Initial Necklaces
Keep Mom on trend with these cute J.Crew flats // J.Crew// Metallic Flats
Go the extra mile for Mom and splurge on a gold cuff// Christina Jervey // Crossover Cuff
Make it yourself with a Darby Smart project // Darby Smart// Painted-Spoons
Make cleaning easy, breezy , and safe with multi-functional organic towelettes // Herban Essentials // Herban Towelettes
The perfect gift for the New England Mom.. (and it's free!) // t.e.l.l. New England // T.e.ll. New England
Mom will be stylin on those neighborhood walks with these throwback Nike kicks // J.Crew// Nike Kicks
Instead of cut flowers try potted succulents // The Sill// Jules Table Top Plants